Hi everyone! Welcome back to my blog! I have another new YouTube video for you today, showing you all the beautiful colours of the Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. I love these things! They are not drying, they are beautiful colours, and the price isn’t too bad either! I have been wanting to film this video for TOO long, and I am so happy that it’s finally up on my channel! If you are interested in reading about these beautiful lipsticks, then keep reading!
Okay, if you haven’t heard of Gerard Cosmetics, they are an amazing makeup company that I am just obsessed with! They have glosses, lipsticks, brow products, highlighters, they even have teeth whitening kits! This was the company that sparked my makeup obsession! This was the company that I made my VERY FIRST online order with! I bought two lip glosses, Nude and Coral Craze, because Carli Bybel raved about them in one of her videos, and the rest, as they say, is history!
I bought these Hydra Matte Lipsticks before Christmas, knowing that I was going to love them and that Liquid Lipsticks were going to be all the rage. I have worn these quite a few times and I just adore the formula and the colours. Let’s chat about the shades, shall we? I am going to go in the same order as the video, just to make sure that I don’t confuse anyone.
INVASION: A gorgeous grey toned liquid lipstick that is aggressively bold but a colour you’ll let invade your makeup space.
– This was the first shade that I tried and fell in love with. But definitely not the last. The colour is a beautiful sort of purple/grey, and it is just so stunning. I wore this out for dinner with my fiancé one of the first days that I had these in my possession and I was so pleasantly surprised with how the colour looked and how much I loved the formula.
SERENITY: A beautiful warm pink, with hints of brown, a very comfortable non-drying matte formula that feels as if there is nothing on your lips!
– This shade was created by Manny MUA, another popular makeup vlogger. When I originally tried this shade, I hated it. When I saw swatches of it on other people, it looked much more of a pink/nude. When I put it on my lips, on my skin tone, it was much more orange and it just didn’t flatter me in any way. However, when I tried it on again for this video, I didn’t hate it. I think it might be a really pretty colour for Spring, and I might just bust it out one of these days!
RUBY SLIPPER: There’s no place like home. Embrace a classically beautiful look with our liquid to matte red with an infusion of sparkling glitter for a truly unique and dazzling effect.
– GOOD GOD, YES! This colour is too beautiful for words. A dark, vampy, gorgeous red/plum colour with a bit of sparkle. As you can see in the video, this one is a bit more difficult to apply (Like most darker shades) but it is worth it! I feel that these sort of dark, vampy shades really go with my dark features and I love the way I feel in them.
GRAVITY: A beautiful cool toned, grey liquid lipstick.
– This colour gives me LIFE! I just love it so much! I am a cool toned gal. I love any and all grey/beige/mauve kind of shades and this one is amazing! This is pretty much a grey liquid lipstick; It doesn’t wash you out so you don’t look like a corpse, but it’s not too dark so you don’t look like a goth. It’s just the perfect grey lipstick. I’m obsessed with it!
IMMORTAL: Haunting and everlasting. A blood red that will pull them in and take hold. Wear it on a late night for a truly striking element of your makeup look.
– Seriously, who doesn’t love a classic red lip?! This shade is so perfect. I wore this a lot over the Christmas holidays (Because I feel like that is the TIME for red lips!) When I received mine in the mail, the stopper inside the tube (The thing that makes sure the product is kept inside and doesn’t go everywhere) was broken, so I have a really hard time opening this liquid lipstick. Also, because there is no stopper, there is a TON of product on the applicator all the time which makes it more difficult to apply (That’s why I make a face in the video; I forgot that this was the case!) But I can get over it because I love the colour!
CHER: A medium rosy brown with warm undertones. Inspired by one of the most powerful women in music and one of the most clueless but lovable movie characters of the 90s. This color will look super gorgeous and chic on everyone.
– To be honest, I am not sure how I feel about this shade. When I first tried it on my lips, I couldn’t really tell a difference. It just looked almost the exact same colour as my lips. But when I was doing this video, and I took the picture, I feel like it might actually be a really pretty shade. I don’t really dig pink shades, but this is a cooler toned, browny, pink so it might just be the perfect pink for me! I am going to have to try it out a bit more and let you guys know!
ICED MOCHA: A decadent and creamy light brown that reminds us of one of our favorite beverages. Swipe it on for daytime glam. It’s a long-wearing formula that we wear over our daily cup of joe.
– Kylie Jenner dupe alert! This shade is SO stunning. Seeing as brown shades are all the rage right now, thanks to Kylie, I knew that I was going to be in love with this one. This is the perfect brown for my skin tone. It’s not too dark, it’s not too nude .. It’s amazing.
And last but not least …
ECSTASY: This euphoric, mind altering hue will make you happy every time you wear it. Purple and neutral undertones make this Hydra Matte liquid lipstick a unique but beautiful choice for your go-to lip color.
– This shade has been all the rage as it is one of Carli Bybel’s favourite shades. This really is a beautiful purple shade but is definitely wearable. Most purples are way too intense to wear during the day, but I feel like you could definitely get away with wearing this one. I love this shade, I think it’s really pretty and I think it’s going to be perfect for Spring!
Alright guys! That’s it for my Gerard Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick review! I hope you guys liked this post and the video! As I am writing this, GC just came out with 4 new liquid lipsticks for the Spring, and you know I had to get my hands on them. I ordered 2 of them this morning, so keep your eyes peeled on Instagram for a post when I get them!
Okay guys, thanks for reading! Chat soon! Xoxox